Dog license fees explained
All dogs, six (6) months old or older, are required to have a City of Chadron Dog License. Below is some helpful information regarding City of Chadron Dog Licenses.
As of September 2019 the current City of Chadron Dog License fees are as follows:
NOTE: A thirty-day grace period is also allowed for anyone who acquires a new dog, moves into the area with a dog, or has a puppy that turns six (6) months old after February 1st of each year, allowing dog owners to purchase City of Chadron Dog Licenses at the above rates.
You can purchase a City of Chadron Dog license at your local veterinarian or at the Chadron Police Department. Please remember the following when considering your City of Chadron Dog License:
- Dogs under the age of six (6) months old do not require a City of Chadron Dog License.
- When purchasing a City of Chadron Dog License, proof of Rabies vaccination is required.
- City of Chadron Dog Licenses need to be renewed January 1st of every year.
- If your dog gets loose and is located by Animal Control, the tag number allows an easy way to locate you, the owner.
- It is a quick way to identify if your dog, or someone else's, has a current Rabies vaccination, so if you see a Dog at Large, you will have some assurance that the dog is healthy.
Dog Not Accepted into PVC for Impound
Please do not pick up dogs from outside City limits and bring them into Panhandle Vet Clinic. Facilities are for animals found at large inside City limits. If you find a dog outside City limits running at large, do not stop to pick it up, please contact the Dawes County Sheriff Office at (308) 432-3025.