Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
If you or your youth, civic or other group/organization would like to learn more about your 911 Center or schedule a tour, please call 911 Supervisor Gale Kittell at (308) 432-0510 or Email.
Show All Answers
15-45 second two-tone or "hi-lo" is a Rescue Call15-45 second rising and falling sound is a Fire Call3 minute continuous steady sound is a Tornado3 minute rising and falling sound is a Disaster
As a reminder the Westminster Chimes are sounded every day at 12:00 NOON.
• When you or someone else needs an ambulance
• Person calls 911 but is too frightened to speak due to the presence of a burglar or attacker in the home.
• To report a crime in progress such as a burglary or assault (fight)
• Child who does not know address calls 911 because mom or dad is ill
• Car accident involving injuries or lane blockage
• To report a fire
• If you or someone else is in immediate danger
REASONS NOT TO CALL 911
• To find out why the warning sirens are sounding
• To report a power outage. Instead call your local power company
• When you want to find out if someone has been arrested or is in jail
• When you are looking for general information or a phone number (City hall, local business.)
• When you are curious why there is a police officer or ambulance at the neighbor’s house
• To find out about weather or road conditions
• To find out about school/business closings
• For directions
• For a flat tire or if you run out of gas
• For stray dogs in the area