Water and Sewer Utilities
City Drinking Water Source Information & Facts
The City of Chadron has 3 options for supplying its residents with clean drinking water:
- Ground water
- Surface water from Chadron Creek
- Water originating from an infiltration gallery
Private Well Testing
If you would like to test your private well, Nebraska Association of Resource Districts offers free water testing.
Water Usage Facts
- 85% of Nebraskans rely on groundwater for drinking water.
- A leak of one drop per second can waste up to 2,400 gallons of water a year.
- A single U.S. quart of motor oil can pollute up to 250,000 gallons of water. Everyone should take used motor oil and other automobile fluids to a service station that advertises collection for reprocessing.
- Homeowners use up to 10 times more chemicals per acre than farmers.
- The number one trigger of daytime fatigue is the lack of water.
For more information on water quality conservation efforts, please visit the Upper Niobrara-White Natural Resource District website.