- Public Works
- Water and Sewer Utilities
Water and Sewer Utilities
- The Water Certifications are done through the Nebraska Health and Human Services.
- Wastewater Certifications are done through Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality.
City Drinking Water Source Information & FactsThe City of Chadron has 3 options for supplying its residents with clean drinking water:
- Ground water
- Surface water from Chadron Creek
- Water originating from an infiltration gallery
Private Well TestingIf you would like to test your private well, Nebraska Association of Resource Districts offers free water testing.
Water Usage Facts
- 85% of Nebraskans rely on groundwater for drinking water.
- A leak of one drop per second can waste up to 2,400 gallons of water a year.
- A single U.S. quart of motor oil can pollute up to 250,000 gallons of water. Everyone should take used motor oil and other automobile fluids to a service station that advertises collection for reprocessing.
- Homeowners use up to 10 times more chemicals per acre than farmers.
- The number one trigger of daytime fatigue is the lack of water.