- Public Works
- Water and Sewer Utilities
Water and Sewer Utilities
For any billing or account information please call City Hall at 308-432-0500.
- The Water Certifications are done through the Nebraska Health and Human Services.
- Wastewater Certifications are done through Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality.
City Drinking Water Source Information & Facts
The City of Chadron has 3 options for supplying its residents with clean drinking water:
- Ground water
- Surface water from Chadron Creek
- Water originating from an infiltration gallery
The city is fortunate that the ground water is clean with low nitrates, but it still has the challenge of moving this water roughly 18 miles from their well field to town. Since their public supply wells are located outside city jurisdiction, city officials questioned what authority they had to protect their system and drinking water.
Private Well Testing
If you would like to test your private well, Nebraska Association of Resource Districts offers free water testing.
Water Usage Facts
- 85% of Nebraskans rely on groundwater for drinking water.
- A leak of one drop per second can waste up to 2,400 gallons of water a year.
- A single U.S. quart of motor oil can pollute up to 250,000 gallons of water. Everyone should take used motor oil and other automobile fluids to a service station that advertises collection for reprocessing.
- Homeowners use up to 10 times more chemicals per acre than farmers.
- The number one trigger of daytime fatigue is the lack of water.
For more information on water quality conservation efforts, please visit the Upper Niobrara-White Natural Resource District website.